Friday, October 25, 2013

The presentation of The Golden Raspberry Awards (to:


"They are the pimple on the ass of Hollywood," said Michael Caine ever on The Golden Raspberry Awards, aka The Razzies, the annual anti-Oscar lady gaga mtv awards 2011 event that is not the best but the worst film performance of the year put in the flowers. An apt description, though Razzie boss John Wilson himself rather a banana peel on the floor of the film industry ':' With all its splendor and charm is such Oscar-night anyway a pompous affair, which also far too long. Because there is some humor to throw against it, we puncture the balloon through. "
The presentation of The Golden Raspberry Awards (to: 'to blow a raspberry at someone' - 'someone mock') traditionally takes on the eve of the Oscar ceremony, and that is no different this year: in a small hall on a Just steps from the Dolby Theatre Saturday are now nine golden raspberries offered for the schabouwelijkste cinematic achievements of 2012. "A film of forty million has no excuse to sucken '
John Wilson In the year 1980, when I was a fresh twenties, I agree Saturday to a so-called double feature lady gaga mtv awards 2011 gone on a lazy in a movie theater in downtown Los Angeles. For ninety-nine cents I could go and see two films: "Xa nadu" with Olivia Newton-John and "Can not Stop the Music" with The Village People, both disco musicals.
Now you should know: I worked at that time for a company that manufactured movie trailers, and in my free time I was still in the organization of a film festival. Consequently I had seen a total of two hundred and fifty films that year, most of which were not exactly Oscar-worthy to mention. But "Xanadu" and "Can not Stop the Music 'really beat everything. After I started to reclaim the cinema operator my money on high legs - he refused, of course.
In my car on the way home was then beginning to mature as the Razzies would be. Later the idea I thought: 'Suppose there was an award show for the most worthless movies of the year. Would 'Xanadu' and 'Can not Stop the Music "deserve no great prize?" At home I then made a list of the worst movies I had seen that year, taking into account the worst acting, the worst scenarios and so on.
In March 1981, I have the very first Razzie lady gaga mtv awards 2011 ceremony organized in my apartment in Los Angeles. I had about thirty friends invited to dinner with me and watch the Oscars and afterwards followed a short parody of what we had just seen. It all was extremely silly: before I pieced a small pulpit in another lady gaga mtv awards 2011 and a self-painted banner top hung, and as I stood with a Styrofoam ball in front of me - the microphone - making the winners, each with a Explained there and a clip from the film in question.
"That they had sat there perhaps blazing enthusiasm of my guests was so encouraging that I decided to become an annual tradition of making. Well for something in between, but all quite drunk By the second edition I rented a room, and I sent a prior press release around - so we came for the first time in the newspaper - and at the fourth edition is one of us come up with the proposal to our ceremony the night before the Oscars to organize, so we would not compete. directly with the Oscars
"That was a golden opportunity: the hotels are packed in Hollywood than journalists who do nothing else that evening hands. Since then we have only grown bigger and bigger. Though lady gaga mtv awards 2011 'big' course a relative term. To give you an idea: a while ago I caught lady gaga mtv awards 2011 on that the whole Oscar-circus annual cost forty million dollars. Our production budget of ten thousand dollars - four thousand times less. We've had a sponsor once:. Ben Affleck
Ten years ago Affleck lady gaga mtv awards 2011 won half a dozen Razzies with the legendary stinker 'Gigli'. As expected, he did not come to the ceremony, but through a friend who worked at CNN, I found out that he would sit. A few days later in the talk show Larry King I asked him: "Do you think there Larry bones would look to Ben Affleck live on the air to hand over his Razzie in?" Half an hour later I was called back: "Larry's excited about it."
So "The next evening I was home for the TV to watch Ben Affleck are still Razzie was awarded live on CNN. Fine, all

No comments:

Post a Comment